Sunday, March 14, 2010

The demise of Lazy Sunday

It's been awhile. I apologize. Life got in the way of writing...

Life has gotten busy here. Last weekend was gorgeous, and I decided I would much rather be outside experiencing life than be inside and not. Thing 1 and I both had visitors and then simultaneously realized neither of us have summer jobs (please hire us!)...needless to it's been a little crazy/stressful.

Sundays are best as lazy days, though most of my Sundays here have ended at my second job. I am literally exhausted today and can think of nothing more I would rather do than run and chill. Instead I have to work at 3 which really means I have to leave a little after 2. What kind of sadist keeps things open on Sunday evenings? I know I felt like this when I was a waitress: Sundays should be for chilling at your house and preparing for the workweek. Unless you live on a college campus and then Sundays are for groaning, pulling your ass out of bed and trying to get a seat at the library or coffee shop. And not leaving for 10 hours. I've had far too many of those days to count.

One of my favorite things about Sunday is the Sunday Times. All the columnists are on board for the Week in Review section, and the Times magazine rarely disappoints. I had 3 or 4 Sundays over break where I was able to just sit, run and read and it was absolutely delicious.

Sundays are not meant to be productive, unless being productive means grocery shopping and ironing. I have to say being able to sleep in this morning was amazing. I think back to freshman and even sophomore year of school where the day did not begin before noon and I laugh. I set my alarm for 10:30 this morning and even more important than the fact that I slept in to it completely was the fact that I could have slept for longer.

Instead, I (literally) pulled myself off my air mattress, made some coffee, and started trying to be productive. I'm halfway through at least one NYT column and am going for my run soon...

Have a relaxing day,
Thing Two

No comments:

Post a Comment