Friday, February 26, 2010

Fridayyyy

I like Fridays. There's always some sort of clusterfuck when every is trying to figure out their plans for the night. For a while, everything is up in the air. And then things calm down and come together.

I will say one thing: I'm looking forward to going back to 4 (or less!) day weeks in college. It is SO nice to have very little to do on Fridays. I spent my Fridays this fall working, but it was still a break from class, a break from thinking.

Ironically, I had a very intellectual conversation at lunch about climate change. Some people have the coolest, craziest career paths. Like this guy--a former Math professor working in envrionmental policy sector. This guy changed jobs a decent amount, and it just seemed like he had a very rich career. Who doesn't want that?

It made me realize that I can do a lot of different things. I can change my mind. I can fast track to one thing, but that doesn't mean I work in something completely different 30 years down the line. For someone who likes a decent amount of uncertainty and tends to dislike committment, that's really refreshing.

So I'm zen: tonight will be good. My career, whatever the heck it is, will be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I have a political blog you might enjoy. It would be nice to hear your perspective being you are in the middle of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. email us the link at thingswelearned(at)gmail(dot)com!

    ReplyDelete