Monday, February 1, 2010

Suit up.

Things I've learned over the past week:

1. Getting legit work to do isn't an impossibility. They hired us for a reason, now go after it. Even if what you're initially given is simple, or mindless, ask questions. Through those questions you can lead them toward work you might be more interested in.
2. Dress for the job you want. Yeah, I stole that from Capitol Hill Style's Guide to Intern Style. But, it's so true. Nothing screams "mindless intern, ignore her!" more than a t shirt. Or worse, a skirt that belongs at the bar, not in the office. Worst. Plus, I feel like I'm on par with Barney Stinson when I wear my freaking adorable cropped blazer to work, which makes me feel more confident, which means that people are more confident in me.
3. DC is apparently the most attractive state, and Arlington is the second best city to find a wealthy significant other. Get it girrrl!
4. Lesson 4 is redacted because my alcohol overconsumption is already obvious enough on our twitter, it doesn't need to be mentioned on the blog.
5. I have mad hyperlink skills.

This was mostly a blog post directing readers to other blogs, but.. at least Thing 2 won't yell at me anymore.

xoxo,

Thing 1

No comments:

Post a Comment