Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Whats Your Flavor?

The best tip I think I ever got was to have an issue. Have one thing that you can know, you can talk about, that can be yours. It took me six months to figure out what mine was, it sort of came to me. I've always gotten revved up about it, but one day I realized that I really wanted to work to change the status quo in it. Today I was fortunate to meet an expert in my issue, and it was...inspiring (corny, I know).

And let me tell you, it was like a drink of cold water. I've felt bogged down in some of the mundane intern tasks I've had to do, but hearing this person talk about the path they've taken renewed my love of my issue and my reasons for being here. I'm not doing the most glamorous job, but I'm here to have access to the people who do. I'm here to get a foot in the door and be introduced to the circles where I eventually hope to run.

I'm a passionate person, and I've had a chance to actually work with my issue in my college back home and I loved it. It was frustrating and addicting, and I didn't want to stop. While I don't always consider myself a competitive person, my issue is a challenge because it's not necessarily the most popular.

But I can do it, I can make it. All I have to do is want it bad enough; because if I want it bad enough, I'll make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment