Thursday, January 14, 2010

45 degrees is warm

...and wearing cute shoes on the subway is overrated. This morning, I tucked my heels in my bag in favor of comfort, something that is actually a rather occurrence. I typically say "no pain, no gain" when it comes to shoes and fashion, but this morning, I strutted my stuff in my (gag) supportive shoes. While I felt mildly self-conscious, my feet were thanking me all day and I couldn't wait to put my travel shoes back on at the end of the day.

On that note, my northern roots cause an inward smirk every time I see a more southern-type bundled up in their down knee-length coats and Uggs. 45 degrees people, its practically springtime! Forecast for tomorrow is 50!!! Hallelujah warmer climates!! One thing I definitely don't miss from home is the endless amounts of slush that make the only possible shoes to wear waterproof.

The Chick in the Rockin' Kicks,
Thing Two

No comments:

Post a Comment