Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh I don't know where that is, I'm new here.

As Thing Two's sign off might have indicated, there are in fact two of us writing this blog. So it's my turn to introduce myself in abstract terms and impart upon you nuggets of pseudo-wisdom.

However, at this point I don't have so many actual lessons to talk about, since I haven't actually started my internship, though not for lack of effort. They just hadn't contacted me about whether or not I passed the background check, which is rather late notice considering I already have begun paying rent on my apartment. But this afternoon while I was shopping at H&M I was told I can start tomorrow.

Since I haven't worked at all, my DC discoveries are more related to getting lost and wandering until I find a metro stop, and after three days of doing that, I am decently acquainted with Penn Quarter, Capitol Hill, Foggy Bottom, and Georgetown. Okay, so I haven't ventured around much. But I've taken pretty much every wrong turn you can take and have still had a great time wandering this wonderfully walkable city. I mean between basking in the sunshine and seeing the Magna Carta, today was pretty bitchin'.

Maybe someday I'll become a real intern with a badge and shit, and then I'll have something useful to say.

Until then,
Thing One

No comments:

Post a Comment