Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HCR

It's been a long time...

...but I had to personally ensure Health Care Reform was going to pass. No really, I did. I think the fact that it didn't get through until I came to DC make it clear just how much this city needed my leadership.

Anyway, all the gossip tells me that when Nancy Pelosi (legit one of my favorite people, my first daughter will be name Nancy. Or Hillary. Nancy Hillary? To much?) took H.R. 3590, aka Health Care Reform to the floor, she didn't have the 216 votes necessary to "pass the damn bill." But with a little luck and a hell of a lot of confidence, she muscled it through what the founders thought of as the more "rowdy" chamber (it was rowdy on Sunday night!).

Today I ate lunch with a CoS. He said he's never had a plan--and here he is senior staffer to a senior member of the majority party. I'm not saying I would ever want to be a CoS, I can only take so much stress. But the idea that it's okay to not have a plan, that it can all work out.

I know a lot of people who don't necessarily have a plan. We might have sketches, or ideas, but we don't have a plan. I dare say we're smart enough not to plan, we know every thing can get effed up in the end.

But if Health Care Reform can fly by the seat of its pants, than there's not reason we all can't either. As long as we keep the what we like in sight, than like Health Care Reform, with a little luck and a lot of confidence, we can make it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment