Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bonding with your Boss: Part I

One of coolest things you can hear your boss say, first thing in the morning, is "I'm so glad you're here!" That and "I have a project for you" definitely top my list. Like most people, I want my presence to be appreciated, even if my main job is to provide moral support. Unlike most people, I actually like being busy, and I work best when I have a long to-do list.

I find that my best boss-bonding time comes later on in the afternoon. We've had the entire day to either get stuff done or get ready to go home, and the office atmosphere feels more relaxed. I'm usually an overly eager beaver in the mornings, chomping at the bit to do some important errand like sort the mail or deliver a transcript. That's if I've had my coffee; if not, well, then, I'm nodding off over the NYTimes and not making any conversation. Good bonding also comes when no one else is around and we can make jokes. However, I still long for the Happy Hour invite (even if I would turn it down). Eventually...maybe...hopefully? Haha, I'll keep you updated.

Peace out,
Thing Two

No comments:

Post a Comment