Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yearning for a 24 hour coffee shop...

AHHH I have literally been writing all night!

Today, I decided to be serious about life and get some school work done. School? College? What's that you call it? OH SHIT that's right I haven't graduated and am supposed to be doing some coursework. Never one to study well at home I decided to bribe myself with an adventure to a new place....

...so I went to Busboys and Poets! This place was fantastic! I happened over to the 5th and K location, which honestly I loved. It seemed to be an up-and-coming area...or a falling one. Either, a little seedy, a little shady, my favorite kinds of places. Not because I'm a drug dealer, but because I like to feel like I'm living on the edge (just run with it. I'm from the suburbs and hated it there).

ANYWAY I plopped the good ol' laptop down, ordered some fair trade coffee (told you I was white) and started writing. AND I LOVED IT. I was totally groovin--wrote a couple of essays. If you couldn't tell, my writing style is pretty informal. But why should fake my tone for a scholarship board? I'm kind of to the point where I want to say this is me, this is my writing style. If you don't like, it, then I don't want your money.

Okay, maybe not quite to that point; but almost. I would have kept working but I wanted to make it home at a decent hour. I had to use the ever-reliable metro, and we all know what that can be like...Anyway--try this place out! The service rocked, I got a great sandwich, and I was in a great atmosphere.

Also--awesome feminist author/activist/great human being Eve Ensler is doing a book signing at the 14th and V location on Wednesday night! Thing One and I are really going to try and make it up there. We'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment